Immigrate to Canada as a Concrete finisher
Concrete finishers are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer.
There are thousands of Concrete finishers just like you moving to Canada. Find out how to join them. Canada needs more Concrete finishers. If you are thinking about moving to Canada as a Concrete finisher, all the information you need is right here.
Concrete finishers are wanted in Canada
Did you know that Concrete finishers are one of the most in-demand jobs in Canada? Concrete finishers are in high demand in all 11 of Canada’s provinces and territories, and as a highly-skilled professional, you can expect to earn between $72300 and $98300 per year.
When considering Canada as your new home, there are not only numerous immigration options for you to choose from, but plenty of job opportunities too.
Jobs in Canada for Concrete finishers
One of the biggest questions when moving to Canada is “will I be able to find work as a Concrete finisher in Canada?”. The simple answer is Yes, you will! (Of course each Concrete finishers level of training and experience is a core factor, as is the case in any country.)
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about jobs in Canada for Concrete finishers.
Is There Really a Demand for Concrete finishers in Canada?
Yes there is! As mentioned previously, you can immigrate to Canada as an experienced Concrete finisher with a high chance of finding employment in any of Canada’s 11 provinces. These job opportunities can be found in:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Over the next few years, it is estimated that there will be 27000 new jobs created due to expansion and a need for replacement as well as 34000 new positions for graduates and immigrants to fill who want to live and work in Canada.
This is why Canada needs Concrete finishers. You really can be moving to Canada as a Concrete finisher
How Much Do Concrete finishers Earn in Canada?
Salaries in Canada are very competitive and, as an experienced Concrete finisher, you can expect to earn between $72300 and $98300 per year.
How do I search for Concrete finisher positions in Canada?
Most Concrete finisher jobs in Canada are advertised online on jobs sites. Often, a code is used to identify Concrete finisher jobs. These codes are used across Canada to identify all kinds of occupations.
The codes are called NOC codes. The NOC code for Concrete finisher is 7282. There are a range of positions that are associated with Concrete finishers.
These are occupations many Concrete finishers also participate in. If you work in or are employed as any of the following positions, you are covered by the overarching noc code of 7282 for Concrete finishers
Concrete finishers smooth and finish freshly poured concrete apply curing or surface treatments and install maintain and restore various masonry structures such as foundations floors ceilings sidewalks roads patios and highrise buildings. They are employed by construction companies cement and concrete contractors and manufacturers of precast concrete products or they may be self-employed.;
Further Positions within the term of Concrete finisher include:
- Apprentice cement finisher
- Cement finisher
- Cement finisher apprentice
- Cement mason
- Cement mason apprentice
- Concrete finisher
- Concrete finisher apprentice
- Concrete floor finisher
- Concrete mason
- Concrete patcher-finisher
- Concrete polisher
- Concrete product finisher
- Concrete smoother-finisher
- Highway and street cement mason
- Journeyman/woman cement finisher
- Maintenance cement mason
- Precast concrete finisher
- Sidewalk concrete finisher
If your position is on the above list, you have found your relevant NOC Code, it is 7282
How Do I Move to Canada to Live and Work as a Concrete finisher?
Step 1 : Determine you are eligible to immigrate
The simplest way to do this is to take our free visa assessment. There are more than 80 visa pathways to Canada. Once you take your visa assessment we will be able to guide you as to which is the best path for your particular circumstances.
Step 2: Have Your Qualifications Accredited for Canada
In order to live and work in Canada as a Concrete finisher, you will need to have your qualifications that you earned outside of Canada accredited and ensure that it is recognized in Canada.
An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirms that your degree, diploma or certificate is both valid and equal to Canadian standards. This is vital as it will allow you to claim the Permanent Residency points for your education and training and might also be required for employment, professional registration within Canada and Canadian immigration services.
Below is a list of designated organizations that are licensed to do your assessment:
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
- World Education Services;
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS); and
- International Credential Evaluation Service.
Educational and experience requirements for Concrete finishers include:
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to four-year apprenticeship program or over three years of work experience in the trade and some high school college or industry courses in cement finishing are usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Plasterer trade certification is compulsory in Quebec and available but voluntary in Ontario Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
- Drywall installer and finisher trade certification is available but voluntary in British Columbia.
- Trade certification for lathers (interior systems mechanics) is compulsory in Quebec and available but voluntary in all other provinces and the Yukon.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified lathers (interior systems mechanic) upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
You may be required to provide a range of documentation and references to prove your abilities and experience during your evaluation process for Canadian Immigration.
Step 3: Start the Migration Process, apply for your Canada Visa
There are many routes you can take when moving to Canada as a Concrete finisher but we’ve listed the top 4 ways that will give you the greatest chances of success in the application process:
- Express Entry system
- Provincial Nominee Program
- The Rural and Northern Immigration Program
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
1. Express Entry
The Express Entry (EE) system is our top choice for moving to Canada as a Concrete finisher. Not only is it the fastest but it is also one of the simplest ways to immigrate to Canada. With the right age, language skills in French and/or English, qualifications and other criteria you could be moving to Canada fast, you could be on your way to Canada in 6 months.
The first stage in your Canadian Express Entry immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Some of the elements that CRS Points are awarded for include:
- English ability
- French ability
- Your partner’s skills
- Work experience
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to move to Canada as a Concrete finisher from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
2. Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows skilled and semi-skilled immigrants to live and work in Canada. You will need a valid job offer in Canada of at least 1 year for most immigration streams. 11 provinces and territories have their own PNPs, each with their own with specific labor needs.
If your skills match what your chosen province or territory is looking for, you may receive a provincial nomination, which is worth 600 extra Permanent Residency points which means that you’re practically assured of an offer for Canadian permanent residence.
3. The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
Seeing as Concrete finishers are in-demand you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). There are 11 participating communities currently participating in the pilot program. You will need a valid job offer in one of the participating communities to be considered eligible to apply for Canadian permanent residency through the RNIP.
4. The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot allows intermediate to highly and semi-skilled foreign workers to move to Canada’s Atlantic provinces and seeing as Concrete finishers are in high need in the 4 Atlantic provinces, you may be eligible to apply if you have a valid job offer for at least 1 year.
Step 4: Apply for a Concrete finisher Job in Canada
As a highly skilled worker, it is not a requirement that you have a job to be able to immigrate to Canada but it will make it faster. It will help with the immigration process as you can earn between 50 and 200 PR points for a valid job offer. This moves you ahead in the pool of candidates, as the more points you have the more chance you have of receiving an invitation in one of the many offer rounds made within the Canada Visa System.
Concrete finishers in Canada are described as doing the following:
- Check formwork granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete
- Level top surface of concrete according to grade and depth specifications using straightedge or float
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Install anchor bolts steel plates door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete
- Waterproof damp-proof and restore concrete surfaces
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall mural and floor designs
- Mix lay and polish terra surfaces
You can expect to see these terms in Job ads in Canada for Concrete finishers along with the following common tasks, duties and responsibilities of Concrete finishers in Canada.
There has never been a better time to get moving to Canada as a Concrete finisher.
If you are looking to apply to move to Canada in a different occupation, you can find the information on our Canada Skilled Immigration Guides page.
If you are looking for a job in Canada – you can find a guide on each occupation and the job application procedure for Canada on our Canada Job Guides index.
As mentioned above you will need to attend the Canadian Embassy nearest you during your application process to live in Canada as a Concrete finisher. You can find the complete list of all Canadian Embassies Worldwide here.