Immigrate to Canada as a Motor vehicle body repairer
Motor vehicle body repairers are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer.
There are thousands of Motor vehicle body repairers just like you moving to Canada. Find out how to join them. Canada needs more Motor vehicle body repairers. If you are thinking about moving to Canada as a Motor vehicle body repairer, all the information you need is right here.
Motor vehicle body repairers are wanted in Canada
Did you know that Motor vehicle body repairers are one of the most in-demand jobs in Canada? Motor vehicle body repairers are in high demand in all 11 of Canada’s provinces and territories, and as a highly-skilled professional, you can expect to earn between $69300 and $98400 per year.
When considering Canada as your new home, there are not only numerous immigration options for you to choose from, but plenty of job opportunities too.
Jobs in Canada for Motor vehicle body repairers
One of the biggest questions when moving to Canada is “will I be able to find work as a Motor vehicle body repairer in Canada?”. The simple answer is Yes, you will! (Of course each Motor vehicle body repairers level of training and experience is a core factor, as is the case in any country.)
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about jobs in Canada for Motor vehicle body repairers.
Is There Really a Demand for Motor vehicle body repairers in Canada?
Yes there is! As mentioned previously, you can immigrate to Canada as an experienced Motor vehicle body repairer with a high chance of finding employment in any of Canada’s 11 provinces. These job opportunities can be found in:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Over the next few years, it is estimated that there will be 21000 new jobs created due to expansion and a need for replacement as well as 28000 new positions for graduates and immigrants to fill who want to live and work in Canada.
This is why Canada needs Motor vehicle body repairers. You really can be moving to Canada as a Motor vehicle body repairer
How Much Do Motor vehicle body repairers Earn in Canada?
Salaries in Canada are very competitive and, as an experienced Motor vehicle body repairer, you can expect to earn between $69300 and $98400 per year.
How do I search for Motor vehicle body repairer positions in Canada?
Most Motor vehicle body repairer jobs in Canada are advertised online on jobs sites. Often, a code is used to identify Motor vehicle body repairer jobs. These codes are used across Canada to identify all kinds of occupations.
The codes are called NOC codes. The NOC code for Motor vehicle body repairer is 7322. There are a range of positions that are associated with Motor vehicle body repairers.
These are occupations many Motor vehicle body repairers also participate in. If you work in or are employed as any of the following positions, you are covered by the overarching noc code of 7322 for Motor vehicle body repairers
Motor vehicle body repairers repair and restore damaged motor vehicle body parts and interior finishing; repaint body surfaces; and repair and/or replace automotive glass. They are employed by automobile dealerships automobile body repair shops and automobile appraisal centres. This unit group also includes metal repairers who repair defective automobile body parts and damage to the bodies of newly assembled cars. They are employed by motor vehicle manufacturers.;
Further Positions within the term of Motor vehicle body repairer include:
- Antique car body restorer
- Antique vehicle body restorer
- Apprentice painter – motor vehicle repair
- Auto glass installer
- Autobody mechanic
- Autobody repairer
- Autobody technician
- Autobody technician – collision
- Autobody technician – refinishing
- Autobody worker
- Automobile body repairman/woman
- Automobile damage repair estimator
- Automobile polisher-sander – motor vehicle repair
- Automotive body mechanic
- Automotive body painter
- Automotive body repairer
- Automotive body repairer-painter
- Automotive body technician
- Automotive glass technician
- Automotive painter – motor vehicle repair
- Automotive painter apprentice
- Automotive painting and refinishing technician
- Automotive repair shop estimator
- Body and fender repairer – automobile
- Body and fender repairman/woman – automobile
- Collision repair technician
- Dent remover and repairer – automobile
- Dingman/woman – autobody
- Journeyman/woman motor vehicle body repairer
- Metal finish and touch-up repairer – motor vehicle manufacturing
- Metal finisher – motor vehicle manufacturing
- Metal repairer – motor vehicle manufacturing
- Metal upgrader – motor vehicle manufacturing
- Motor repair vehicle painter apprentice
- Motor vehicle apprentice painter
- Motor vehicle body finisher
- Motor vehicle body repairer
- Motor vehicle body repairer – collision
If your position is on the above list, you have found your relevant NOC Code, it is 7322
How Do I Move to Canada to Live and Work as a Motor vehicle body repairer?
Step 1 : Determine you are eligible to immigrate
The simplest way to do this is to take our free visa assessment. There are more than 80 visa pathways to Canada. Once you take your visa assessment we will be able to guide you as to which is the best path for your particular circumstances.
Step 2: Have Your Qualifications Accredited for Canada
In order to live and work in Canada as a Motor vehicle body repairer, you will need to have your qualifications that you earned outside of Canada accredited and ensure that it is recognized in Canada.
An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirms that your degree, diploma or certificate is both valid and equal to Canadian standards. This is vital as it will allow you to claim the Permanent Residency points for your education and training and might also be required for employment, professional registration within Canada and Canadian immigration services.
Below is a list of designated organizations that are licensed to do your assessment:
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
- World Education Services;
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS); and
- International Credential Evaluation Service.
Educational and experience requirements for Motor vehicle body repairers include:
- Motor vehicle body repairers
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Major appliance repairers/technicians require some secondary school education and completion of a college program in appliance repair or completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program in appliance repair.
- Appliance service technician or appliance serviceperson trade certification is compulsory in Alberta and available but voluntary in Newfoundland and Labrador Nova Scotia Prince Edward Island New Brunswick Quebec Ontario British Columbia the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- A provincial gas fitter licence or gas appliance technician certificate may be required for gas appliance service technicians.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified appliance service technicians upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
You may be required to provide a range of documentation and references to prove your abilities and experience during your evaluation process for Canadian Immigration.
Step 3: Start the Migration Process, apply for your Canada Visa
There are many routes you can take when moving to Canada as a Motor vehicle body repairer but we’ve listed the top 4 ways that will give you the greatest chances of success in the application process:
- Express Entry system
- Provincial Nominee Program
- The Rural and Northern Immigration Program
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
1. Express Entry
The Express Entry (EE) system is our top choice for moving to Canada as a Motor vehicle body repairer. Not only is it the fastest but it is also one of the simplest ways to immigrate to Canada. With the right age, language skills in French and/or English, qualifications and other criteria you could be moving to Canada fast, you could be on your way to Canada in 6 months.
The first stage in your Canadian Express Entry immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Some of the elements that CRS Points are awarded for include:
- English ability
- French ability
- Your partner’s skills
- Work experience
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to move to Canada as a Motor vehicle body repairer from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
2. Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows skilled and semi-skilled immigrants to live and work in Canada. You will need a valid job offer in Canada of at least 1 year for most immigration streams. 11 provinces and territories have their own PNPs, each with their own with specific labor needs.
If your skills match what your chosen province or territory is looking for, you may receive a provincial nomination, which is worth 600 extra Permanent Residency points which means that you’re practically assured of an offer for Canadian permanent residence.
3. The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
Seeing as Motor vehicle body repairers are in-demand you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). There are 11 participating communities currently participating in the pilot program. You will need a valid job offer in one of the participating communities to be considered eligible to apply for Canadian permanent residency through the RNIP.
4. The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot allows intermediate to highly and semi-skilled foreign workers to move to Canada’s Atlantic provinces and seeing as Motor vehicle body repairers are in high need in the 4 Atlantic provinces, you may be eligible to apply if you have a valid job offer for at least 1 year.
Step 4: Apply for a Motor vehicle body repairer Job in Canada
As a highly skilled worker, it is not a requirement that you have a job to be able to immigrate to Canada but it will make it faster. It will help with the immigration process as you can earn between 50 and 200 PR points for a valid job offer. This moves you ahead in the pool of candidates, as the more points you have the more chance you have of receiving an invitation in one of the many offer rounds made within the Canada Visa System.
Motor vehicle body repairers in Canada are described as doing the following:
- Review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed
- Repair and replace front end components body components doors and frame and underbody components
- Hammer out dents buckles and other defects using blocks and hammers
- Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes dents and seams
- Remove damaged fenders panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replacement parts into place
- Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
- File grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting
You can expect to see these terms in Job ads in Canada for Motor vehicle body repairers along with the following common tasks, duties and responsibilities of Motor vehicle body repairers in Canada.
There has never been a better time to get moving to Canada as a Motor vehicle body repairer.
If you are looking to apply to move to Canada in a different occupation, you can find the information on our Canada Skilled Immigration Guides page.
If you are looking for a job in Canada – you can find a guide on each occupation and the job application procedure for Canada on our Canada Job Guides index.
As mentioned above you will need to attend the Canadian Embassy nearest you during your application process to live in Canada as a Motor vehicle body repairer. You can find the complete list of all Canadian Embassies Worldwide here.