Immigrate to Canada as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker
Securities agents investment dealers and brokers are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer.
There are thousands of Securities agents investment dealers and brokers just like you moving to Canada. Find out how to join them. Canada needs more Securities agents investment dealers and brokers. If you are thinking about moving to Canada as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker, all the information you need is right here.
Securities agents investment dealers and brokers are wanted in Canada
Did you know that Securities agents investment dealers and brokers are one of the most in-demand jobs in Canada? Securities agents investment dealers and brokers are in high demand in all 11 of Canada’s provinces and territories, and as a highly-skilled professional, you can expect to earn between $59000 and $92400 per year.
When considering Canada as your new home, there are not only numerous immigration options for you to choose from, but plenty of job opportunities too.
Jobs in Canada for Securities agents investment dealers and brokers
One of the biggest questions when moving to Canada is “will I be able to find work as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker in Canada?”. The simple answer is Yes, you will! (Of course each Securities agents investment dealers and brokers level of training and experience is a core factor, as is the case in any country.)
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about jobs in Canada for Securities agents investment dealers and brokers.
Is There Really a Demand for Securities agents investment dealers and brokers in Canada?
Yes there is! As mentioned previously, you can immigrate to Canada as an experienced Securities agent investment dealer and broker with a high chance of finding employment in any of Canada’s 11 provinces. These job opportunities can be found in:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Over the next few years, it is estimated that there will be 26000 new jobs created due to expansion and a need for replacement as well as 33000 new positions for graduates and immigrants to fill who want to live and work in Canada.
This is why Canada needs Securities agents investment dealers and brokers. You really can be moving to Canada as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker
How Much Do Securities agents investment dealers and brokers Earn in Canada?
Salaries in Canada are very competitive and, as an experienced Securities agent investment dealer and broker, you can expect to earn between $59000 and $92400 per year.
How do I search for Securities agent investment dealer and broker positions in Canada?
Most Securities agent investment dealer and broker jobs in Canada are advertised online on jobs sites. Often, a code is used to identify Securities agent investment dealer and broker jobs. These codes are used across Canada to identify all kinds of occupations.
The codes are called NOC codes. The NOC code for Securities agent investment dealer and broker is 1113. There are a range of positions that are associated with Securities agents investment dealers and brokers.
These are occupations many Securities agents investment dealers and brokers also participate in. If you work in or are employed as any of the following positions, you are covered by the overarching noc code of 1113 for Securities agents investment dealers and brokers
Securities agents and investment dealers buy and sell stocks bonds treasury bills mutual funds and other securities for individual investors pension fund managers banks trust companies insurance firms and other establishments. Brokers buy and sell stocks bonds commodity futures foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers. They are employed by investment companies stock brokerage firms stock and commodity exchanges and other establishments in the securities industry.;
Further Positions within the term of Securities agent investment dealer and broker include:
- Annuity representative – investments
- Bond broker
- Bond dealer
- Bond trader
- Commodity broker
- Commodity trader
- Discount broker
- Equity trader
- Financial broker
- Floor trader – commodity exchange
- Foreign exchange dealer
- Foreign exchange trader
- Futures trader
- Grain broker
- Grain broker – commodity trading
- Grain trader
- Independent floor trader
- Investment broker
- Investment dealer
- Investment representative
- Money market trader
- Mutual fund broker
- Mutual fund sales agent
- Mutual fund sales representative
- Options trader
- Registered investment representative
- Registered representatives supervisor
- Securities agent
- Securities representative
- Securities sales agent
- Securities salesman/woman
- Securities trader
- Stock exchange floor trader
- Stocks and bonds trader
- Trust services salesman/woman
If your position is on the above list, you have found your relevant NOC Code, it is 1113
How Do I Move to Canada to Live and Work as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker?
Step 1 : Determine you are eligible to immigrate
The simplest way to do this is to take our free visa assessment. There are more than 80 visa pathways to Canada. Once you take your visa assessment we will be able to guide you as to which is the best path for your particular circumstances.
Step 2: Have Your Qualifications Accredited for Canada
In order to live and work in Canada as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker, you will need to have your qualifications that you earned outside of Canada accredited and ensure that it is recognized in Canada.
An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirms that your degree, diploma or certificate is both valid and equal to Canadian standards. This is vital as it will allow you to claim the Permanent Residency points for your education and training and might also be required for employment, professional registration within Canada and Canadian immigration services.
Below is a list of designated organizations that are licensed to do your assessment:
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
- World Education Services;
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS); and
- International Credential Evaluation Service.
Educational and experience requirements for Securities agents investment dealers and brokers include:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics business or other discipline is usually required.
- Securities sales representatives and brokers require completion of industry investment and sales training programs and completion of the Canadian Securities course and the Registered Representative Manual Exam offered by the Canadian Securities Institute.
- Specialized courses are also available for securities sales representatives and brokers who want to trade in specific investment products such as securities options and futures contracts.
- Licensure by the provincial securities commission in the province of employment is required for securities agents investment dealers and brokers.
You may be required to provide a range of documentation and references to prove your abilities and experience during your evaluation process for Canadian Immigration.
Step 3: Start the Migration Process, apply for your Canada Visa
There are many routes you can take when moving to Canada as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker but we’ve listed the top 4 ways that will give you the greatest chances of success in the application process:
- Express Entry system
- Provincial Nominee Program
- The Rural and Northern Immigration Program
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
1. Express Entry
The Express Entry (EE) system is our top choice for moving to Canada as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker. Not only is it the fastest but it is also one of the simplest ways to immigrate to Canada. With the right age, language skills in French and/or English, qualifications and other criteria you could be moving to Canada fast, you could be on your way to Canada in 6 months.
The first stage in your Canadian Express Entry immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Some of the elements that CRS Points are awarded for include:
- English ability
- French ability
- Your partner’s skills
- Work experience
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to move to Canada as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
2. Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows skilled and semi-skilled immigrants to live and work in Canada. You will need a valid job offer in Canada of at least 1 year for most immigration streams. 11 provinces and territories have their own PNPs, each with their own with specific labor needs.
If your skills match what your chosen province or territory is looking for, you may receive a provincial nomination, which is worth 600 extra Permanent Residency points which means that you’re practically assured of an offer for Canadian permanent residence.
3. The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
Seeing as Securities agents investment dealers and brokers are in-demand you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). There are 11 participating communities currently participating in the pilot program. You will need a valid job offer in one of the participating communities to be considered eligible to apply for Canadian permanent residency through the RNIP.
4. The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot allows intermediate to highly and semi-skilled foreign workers to move to Canada’s Atlantic provinces and seeing as Securities agents investment dealers and brokers are in high need in the 4 Atlantic provinces, you may be eligible to apply if you have a valid job offer for at least 1 year.
Step 4: Apply for a Securities agent investment dealer or broker Job in Canada
As a highly skilled worker, it is not a requirement that you have a job to be able to immigrate to Canada but it will make it faster. It will help with the immigration process as you can earn between 50 and 200 PR points for a valid job offer. This moves you ahead in the pool of candidates, as the more points you have the more chance you have of receiving an invitation in one of the many offer rounds made within the Canada Visa System.
Securities agents investment dealers and brokers in Canada are described as doing the following:
- Securities agents and investment dealers
- Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios
- Review financial periodicals stock and bond reports business publications and other material and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients
- Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks bonds treasury bills mutual funds and other securities for individual investors pension fund managers or companies such as banks trust companies and insurance firms
- Monitor clients’ investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
- Buy and sell stocks bonds commodity futures foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers
- Develop trading strategies by reviewing investment information and monitoring market conditions from the exchange floor and through contact with trading departments of other investment firms pension fund managers and investment company financial analysts
- Make bids and offers to buy and sell securities and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets
- Prepare reviews of portfolios’ positions.
You can expect to see these terms in Job ads in Canada for Securities agents investment dealers and brokers along with the following common tasks, duties and responsibilities of Securities agents investment dealers and brokers in Canada.
There has never been a better time to get moving to Canada as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker.
If you are looking to apply to move to Canada in a different occupation, you can find the information on our Canada Skilled Immigration Guides page.
If you are looking for a job in Canada – you can find a guide on each occupation and the job application procedure for Canada on our Canada Job Guides index.
As mentioned above you will need to attend the Canadian Embassy nearest you during your application process to live in Canada as a Securities agent investment dealer or broker. You can find the complete list of all Canadian Embassies Worldwide here.