Immigrate to Canada as a Water well driller
Water well drillers are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer.
There are thousands of Water well drillers just like you moving to Canada. Find out how to join them. Canada needs more Water well drillers. If you are thinking about moving to Canada as a Water well driller, all the information you need is right here.
Water well drillers are wanted in Canada
Did you know that Water well drillers are one of the most in-demand jobs in Canada? Water well drillers are in high demand in all 11 of Canada’s provinces and territories, and as a highly-skilled professional, you can expect to earn between $73500 and $99600 per year.
When considering Canada as your new home, there are not only numerous immigration options for you to choose from, but plenty of job opportunities too.
Jobs in Canada for Water well drillers
One of the biggest questions when moving to Canada is “will I be able to find work as a Water well driller in Canada?”. The simple answer is Yes, you will! (Of course each Water well drillers level of training and experience is a core factor, as is the case in any country.)
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about jobs in Canada for Water well drillers.
Is There Really a Demand for Water well drillers in Canada?
Yes there is! As mentioned previously, you can immigrate to Canada as an experienced Water well driller with a high chance of finding employment in any of Canada’s 11 provinces. These job opportunities can be found in:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Over the next few years, it is estimated that there will be 22000 new jobs created due to expansion and a need for replacement as well as 29000 new positions for graduates and immigrants to fill who want to live and work in Canada.
This is why Canada needs Water well drillers. You really can be moving to Canada as a Water well driller
How Much Do Water well drillers Earn in Canada?
Salaries in Canada are very competitive and, as an experienced Water well driller, you can expect to earn between $73500 and $99600 per year.
How do I search for Water well driller positions in Canada?
Most Water well driller jobs in Canada are advertised online on jobs sites. Often, a code is used to identify Water well driller jobs. These codes are used across Canada to identify all kinds of occupations.
The codes are called NOC codes. The NOC code for Water well driller is 7373. There are a range of positions that are associated with Water well drillers.
These are occupations many Water well drillers also participate in. If you work in or are employed as any of the following positions, you are covered by the overarching noc code of 7373 for Water well drillers
Water well drillers operate a variety of mobile water well drilling rigs and equipment to drill and monitor residential commercial and industrial water wells. They are employed by water well drilling contractors and governments or they may be self-employed.;
Further Positions within the term of Water well driller include:
- Apprentice water well driller
- Cable tool driller – water well drilling
- Churn drill operator – water well drilling
- Journeyman/woman water well driller
- Water well driller
- Water well driller apprentice
- Water well driller journeyman/woman
- Water well drilling technician
- Lithographic offset proofer
- Lithographic offset proofing hand
If your position is on the above list, you have found your relevant NOC Code, it is 7373
How Do I Move to Canada to Live and Work as a Water well driller?
Step 1 : Determine you are eligible to immigrate
The simplest way to do this is to take our free visa assessment. There are more than 80 visa pathways to Canada. Once you take your visa assessment we will be able to guide you as to which is the best path for your particular circumstances.
Step 2: Have Your Qualifications Accredited for Canada
In order to live and work in Canada as a Water well driller, you will need to have your qualifications that you earned outside of Canada accredited and ensure that it is recognized in Canada.
An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirms that your degree, diploma or certificate is both valid and equal to Canadian standards. This is vital as it will allow you to claim the Permanent Residency points for your education and training and might also be required for employment, professional registration within Canada and Canadian immigration services.
Below is a list of designated organizations that are licensed to do your assessment:
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
- World Education Services;
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS); and
- International Credential Evaluation Service.
Educational and experience requirements for Water well drillers include:
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to three-year water well drilling apprenticeship program or two to three years of work experience in the trade combined with college or industry courses in water well drilling is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for locksmiths is available but voluntary in Nova Scotia New Brunswick Saskatchewan Alberta British Columbia the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Trade certification for recreation vehicle service technicians is compulsory in Alberta and available but voluntary in Newfoundland and Labrador Nova Scotia Prince Edward Island New Brunswick Quebec Ontario Manitoba British Columbia and the Yukon.
- Sawfiler/fitter and sawfitter trade certification is available but voluntary in Quebec British Columbia and the Yukon.
- Provincial trade certification or licensing may be required for other occupations in this unit group.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified recreation vehicle service technicians upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
You may be required to provide a range of documentation and references to prove your abilities and experience during your evaluation process for Canadian Immigration.
Step 3: Start the Migration Process, apply for your Canada Visa
There are many routes you can take when moving to Canada as a Water well driller but we’ve listed the top 4 ways that will give you the greatest chances of success in the application process:
- Express Entry system
- Provincial Nominee Program
- The Rural and Northern Immigration Program
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
1. Express Entry
The Express Entry (EE) system is our top choice for moving to Canada as a Water well driller. Not only is it the fastest but it is also one of the simplest ways to immigrate to Canada. With the right age, language skills in French and/or English, qualifications and other criteria you could be moving to Canada fast, you could be on your way to Canada in 6 months.
The first stage in your Canadian Express Entry immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Some of the elements that CRS Points are awarded for include:
- English ability
- French ability
- Your partner’s skills
- Work experience
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to move to Canada as a Water well driller from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
2. Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows skilled and semi-skilled immigrants to live and work in Canada. You will need a valid job offer in Canada of at least 1 year for most immigration streams. 11 provinces and territories have their own PNPs, each with their own with specific labor needs.
If your skills match what your chosen province or territory is looking for, you may receive a provincial nomination, which is worth 600 extra Permanent Residency points which means that you’re practically assured of an offer for Canadian permanent residence.
3. The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
Seeing as Water well drillers are in-demand you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). There are 11 participating communities currently participating in the pilot program. You will need a valid job offer in one of the participating communities to be considered eligible to apply for Canadian permanent residency through the RNIP.
4. The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot allows intermediate to highly and semi-skilled foreign workers to move to Canada’s Atlantic provinces and seeing as Water well drillers are in high need in the 4 Atlantic provinces, you may be eligible to apply if you have a valid job offer for at least 1 year.
Step 4: Apply for a Water well driller Job in Canada
As a highly skilled worker, it is not a requirement that you have a job to be able to immigrate to Canada but it will make it faster. It will help with the immigration process as you can earn between 50 and 200 PR points for a valid job offer. This moves you ahead in the pool of candidates, as the more points you have the more chance you have of receiving an invitation in one of the many offer rounds made within the Canada Visa System.
Water well drillers in Canada are described as doing the following:
- Review client requirements and proposed locations for water wells
- Operate water well drilling rigs and other equipment to drill bore and dig for residential commercial and industrial water wells or environmental assessment and install well screens casings and other well fixtures
- Document geological formations encountered
- Clean and disinfect wells in preparation for use
- Perform routine mechanical maintenance work on water well drilling rigs and equipment
- Install test maintain and repair water well pumps piping systems and equipment and perform pumping tests to assess well performance
- May provide other drilling services such as repair or dismantling of existing water well structure elevator shaft drilling and hydro pole drilling.
- Water well drillers may specialize in a specific method of drilling such as cable rotary auger hammer or reverse circulation drilling.
You can expect to see these terms in Job ads in Canada for Water well drillers along with the following common tasks, duties and responsibilities of Water well drillers in Canada.
There has never been a better time to get moving to Canada as a Water well driller.
If you are looking to apply to move to Canada in a different occupation, you can find the information on our Canada Skilled Immigration Guides page.
If you are looking for a job in Canada – you can find a guide on each occupation and the job application procedure for Canada on our Canada Job Guides index.
As mentioned above you will need to attend the Canadian Embassy nearest you during your application process to live in Canada as a Water well driller. You can find the complete list of all Canadian Embassies Worldwide here.