Immigrate to Canada as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager
Advertising marketing and public relations managers are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer.
There are thousands of Advertising marketing and public relations managers just like you moving to Canada. Find out how to join them. Canada needs more Advertising marketing and public relations managers. If you are thinking about moving to Canada as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager, all the information you need is right here.
Advertising marketing and public relations managers are wanted in Canada
Did you know that Advertising marketing and public relations managers are one of the most in-demand jobs in Canada? Advertising marketing and public relations managers are in high demand in all 11 of Canada’s provinces and territories, and as a highly-skilled professional, you can expect to earn between $68400 and $108300 per year.
When considering Canada as your new home, there are not only numerous immigration options for you to choose from, but plenty of job opportunities too.
Jobs in Canada for Advertising marketing and public relations managers
One of the biggest questions when moving to Canada is “will I be able to find work as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager in Canada?”. The simple answer is Yes, you will! (Of course each Advertising marketing and public relations managers level of training and experience is a core factor, as is the case in any country.)
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about jobs in Canada for Advertising marketing and public relations managers.
Is There Really a Demand for Advertising marketing and public relations managers in Canada?
Yes there is! As mentioned previously, you can immigrate to Canada as an experienced Advertising marketing and public relations manager with a high chance of finding employment in any of Canada’s 11 provinces. These job opportunities can be found in:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Over the next few years, it is estimated that there will be 24000 new jobs created due to expansion and a need for replacement as well as 31000 new positions for graduates and immigrants to fill who want to live and work in Canada.
This is why Canada needs Advertising marketing and public relations managers. You really can be moving to Canada as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager
How Much Do Advertising marketing and public relations managers Earn in Canada?
Salaries in Canada are very competitive and, as an experienced Advertising marketing and public relations manager, you can expect to earn between $68400 and $108300 per year.
How do I search for Advertising marketing and public relations manager positions in Canada?
Most Advertising marketing and public relations manager jobs in Canada are advertised online on jobs sites. Often, a code is used to identify Advertising marketing and public relations manager jobs. These codes are used across Canada to identify all kinds of occupations.
The codes are called NOC codes. The NOC code for Advertising marketing and public relations manager is 0124. There are a range of positions that are associated with Advertising marketing and public relations managers.
These are occupations many Advertising marketing and public relations managers also participate in. If you work in or are employed as any of the following positions, you are covered by the overarching noc code of 0124 for Advertising marketing and public relations managers
Advertising marketing public relations and e-business managers plan organize direct control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial industrial and e-business advertising marketing and public relations. They are employed by commercial and industrial establishments government departments and advertising marketing and public relations firms or consulting businesses.;
Further Positions within the term of Advertising marketing and public relations manager include:
- Advertising administrator
- Advertising agency manager
- Advertising director
- Advertising manager
- Agency marketing department manager
- Business manager – sales and advertising
- Campaign manager
- Channel marketing manager
- Circulation manager
- Commercial network development manager
- Communications director
- Communications director – sales and marketing
- Communications manager
- Communications manager – public relations
- Corporate affairs manager
- Correspondence and public inquiries manager
- E-business manager
- Election campaign manager
- Electronic business (e-business) manager
- Electronic commerce (e-commerce) manager
- External relations director
- Fundraising campaign manager
- Graphic design firm manager
- Information and communications manager
- Information service manager
- Internet communications manager
- Internet site manager
- Manager – marketing services
- Market development manager
- Marketing director
- Marketing executive
- Marketing manager
- Media advertising manager
- Media relations director
- Media relations manager
- Online marketing manager
- Promotions manager
- Public affairs director
If your position is on the above list, you have found your relevant NOC Code, it is 0124
How Do I Move to Canada to Live and Work as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager?
Step 1 : Determine you are eligible to immigrate
The simplest way to do this is to take our free visa assessment. There are more than 80 visa pathways to Canada. Once you take your visa assessment we will be able to guide you as to which is the best path for your particular circumstances.
Step 2: Have Your Qualifications Accredited for Canada
In order to live and work in Canada as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager, you will need to have your qualifications that you earned outside of Canada accredited and ensure that it is recognized in Canada.
An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirms that your degree, diploma or certificate is both valid and equal to Canadian standards. This is vital as it will allow you to claim the Permanent Residency points for your education and training and might also be required for employment, professional registration within Canada and Canadian immigration services.
Below is a list of designated organizations that are licensed to do your assessment:
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
- World Education Services;
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS); and
- International Credential Evaluation Service.
Educational and experience requirements for Advertising marketing and public relations managers include:
- Advertising and public relations managers
- A university degree or college diploma in communications public relations marketing journalism or in a related field and several years of experience in an advertising public relations or communications officer position or in a related occupation are required.
- Marketing managers
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing and several years of experience as a sales marketing or public relations representative or in a related occupation are required.
- E-business managers
- A university degree or college diploma in a field related to electronic commerce Web site content development or Internet and mobile services and experience in Web site design interactive media development data administration or information systems analysis or experience related to Web site content are usually required.
You may be required to provide a range of documentation and references to prove your abilities and experience during your evaluation process for Canadian Immigration.
Step 3: Start the Migration Process, apply for your Canada Visa
There are many routes you can take when moving to Canada as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager but we’ve listed the top 4 ways that will give you the greatest chances of success in the application process:
- Express Entry system
- Provincial Nominee Program
- The Rural and Northern Immigration Program
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
1. Express Entry
The Express Entry (EE) system is our top choice for moving to Canada as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager. Not only is it the fastest but it is also one of the simplest ways to immigrate to Canada. With the right age, language skills in French and/or English, qualifications and other criteria you could be moving to Canada fast, you could be on your way to Canada in 6 months.
The first stage in your Canadian Express Entry immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Some of the elements that CRS Points are awarded for include:
- English ability
- French ability
- Your partner’s skills
- Work experience
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to move to Canada as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
2. Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows skilled and semi-skilled immigrants to live and work in Canada. You will need a valid job offer in Canada of at least 1 year for most immigration streams. 11 provinces and territories have their own PNPs, each with their own with specific labor needs.
If your skills match what your chosen province or territory is looking for, you may receive a provincial nomination, which is worth 600 extra Permanent Residency points which means that you’re practically assured of an offer for Canadian permanent residence.
3. The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
Seeing as Advertising marketing and public relations managers are in-demand you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). There are 11 participating communities currently participating in the pilot program. You will need a valid job offer in one of the participating communities to be considered eligible to apply for Canadian permanent residency through the RNIP.
4. The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot allows intermediate to highly and semi-skilled foreign workers to move to Canada’s Atlantic provinces and seeing as Advertising marketing and public relations managers are in high need in the 4 Atlantic provinces, you may be eligible to apply if you have a valid job offer for at least 1 year.
Step 4: Apply for an Advertising marketing or public relations manager Job in Canada
As a highly skilled worker, it is not a requirement that you have a job to be able to immigrate to Canada but it will make it faster. It will help with the immigration process as you can earn between 50 and 200 PR points for a valid job offer. This moves you ahead in the pool of candidates, as the more points you have the more chance you have of receiving an invitation in one of the many offer rounds made within the Canada Visa System.
Advertising marketing and public relations managers in Canada are described as doing the following:
- Advertising managers
- Plan direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Marketing managers
- Establish distribution networks for products and services initiate market research studies and analyze their findings assist in product development and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
- Public relations managers
- Direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs publicize activities and events and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses governments and other organizations.
- E-business managers
- Plan organize direct control and evaluate the design development and maintenance of Internet Intranet and mobile applications to manage an organization’s online presence including public relations communications commercial activities and social media management.
You can expect to see these terms in Job ads in Canada for Advertising marketing and public relations managers along with the following common tasks, duties and responsibilities of Advertising marketing and public relations managers in Canada.
There has never been a better time to get moving to Canada as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager.
If you are looking to apply to move to Canada in a different occupation, you can find the information on our Canada Skilled Immigration Guides page.
If you are looking for a job in Canada – you can find a guide on each occupation and the job application procedure for Canada on our Canada Job Guides index.
As mentioned above you will need to attend the Canadian Embassy nearest you during your application process to live in Canada as an Advertising marketing or public relations manager. You can find the complete list of all Canadian Embassies Worldwide here.