Study in Canada from Benin
Study in Canada from Benin
This article describes in detail the process of how to Study in Canada from Benin. If you require any further help or information do take the Study in Canada visa assessment for Benin Citizens available on this page.
Why study in Canada from Benin?
The top reasons Beninese student study in Canada are:
- ability to work as a Beninese in Canada for the duration of the course
- Internationally recognized qualifications
- straightforward application process for Benin Nationals
- pathway to Canadian permanent residence for Beninese Citizens
Of all the reasons, the pathway to permanent residency for Beninese Citizens is why the majority of Beninese students study in Canada as opposed to at home in Benin or elsewhere. The opportunities for Beninese students studying in Canada cannot be matched globally.
Top 5 reasons to study in Canada from Benin
Study and work in Canada from Benin
International students from Benin often ask whether the can study and work in Canada. The Canadian Government allows Beninese students on a Canadian study permit to undertake paid employment in Canada.
There are two ways a Beninese student can study and work in Canada
- SW-1 Visa for Beninese students studying in Canada. The SW-1 Visa is issued to Beninese Citizens who have to complete an internship as part of their course.
- S-1 Visa for Beninese students in general programs of Canadian higher education. This is the most popular Canadian Study and Work Visa for International students form Benin. The S-1 Study permit allows Beninese students to work 20 hours a week during term time and full time during vacation periods
A student permit holder from Benin is able to work part time during semesters and full time hours being during term breaks.
If you would rather immigrate to Canada from Benin under another visa you can find out how in our guide on how to immigrate to Canada from Benin
Average salary for Beninese students in Canada
The average earning for Beninese students in Canada is:
- $37,050 per year
- $19 per hour
- Entry level positions start at $27,300 per year
- Experienced Beninese student workers make up to $62,985 per year
How soon can I start work after arriving from Benin on a student visa?
You can start your work hours only after your study course commences. If you arrive in Canada from Benin earlier than this, you cannot work during that time.
You may only work after your course has formally begun. If you are caught working beyond the allowed hours on your Canadian work and study visa your visa may be cancelled and you will have to return to Benin.
Language requirements for study permit applicants from Benin
The IELTS test is not required for an Beninese study permit application. However, educational institutions will require you to provide proof of your language proficiency in order for you to be offered admission. IELTS is just one of the accepted exams. Please contact your education establishment for their student application IELTS requirements for Beninese Nationals.
Do Beninese Citizens need a visa to study in Canada for less than 6 months?
Beninese citizens do not require a study permit for courses lasting less than six months. However, the course must be completed within the six-month timeframe. If a student from Benin intends to stay for more than six months they must apply for the correct Student Visa and have it granted before they leave Benin.
Canada student visa requirement for Beninese Citizens
Documents required to apply for a Canada Student Visa from Benin
- Benin Passport. (make sure it is valid beyond the term of the visa you seek)
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Educational establishment in Canada
- Proof of Funds in Benin
- Passport Size Photographs.
- An Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score where required
- Statement of Purpose for Travel from Benin to Canada
- Credit Card
Do I need a Sponsor to study in Canada from Benin
International students from Benin do not require a sponsor for a Canadian Student Visa.
The only requirements to study in Canada from Benin are
- be enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- prove you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees
- prove enough money for living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you
Proof of funds to Study in Canada from Benin
Beninese students coming to Canada to study must be able to show funds available equal or greater than:
- CA$10,000 (~US$7,650) for every year of your study
- CA$11,000/~US$8,400 if you’re applying to study in Quebec
- These figures are in addition to tuition fees
Study in Canada from Benin FAQs
What is the age limit for Canada student visa fromBenin?
Beninese students must be between 18 years of age and 35 years of age.
The age is taken from the date of your birthday turning 18 and until the day before your 36th Birthday.
Is an interview required for a Canadian student visa application?
Beninese students are not required to have an interview as part of their Canada Student Visa application
Is the medical for Beninese Citizens applying for a Canada Study Visa?
The medical examination is compulsory for all Beninese students applying for a Canadian student visa.
When should I apply for my Study Permit?
Beninese applicants should apply as soon as the letter of acceptance (LOA) is received from the education provider
Difference between a study permit and a student visa for Beninese students moving to Canada
- The Canada Student Visa allows you to enter Canada a Citizen of Benin
- The Study Permit gives you the permission to stay in the country
- As a Citizen of Benin you will be issued with a student visa and a Canadian Study Permit
Canada Student Permit cost from Benin?
The Canadian Study Permit costs $150 Canadian per person for applicants from Benin
Can I go back to Benin or travel while on a Canada Student Visa?
As a Citizen of Benin you are allowed to leave Canada during your studies. These can be trips to return to Benin or elsewhere. Your student visa allows you to travel in and out of Canada. When arriving back in Canada from a trip to Benin or anywhere else, you will need to prove you are currently enrolled in your institution.
Can I bring my family with me from Benin Canada on a student visa?
If you are a Citizen of Benin you will usually be able to bring your partner or spouse and dependent children with you. There are no restrictions on the number of hours your partner or spouse may work in Canada for the duration of the visa.
As a Beninese International Student can I get Canadian Permanent Residence?
Many students from Benin convert their Canada student visa to full Canadian Permanent residency via the Canadian Experience Class Visa. The CEC visa is the main reason why individuals study in Canada from Benin.
The Canadian Experience Class is a direct path to Canadian Citizenship and dual nationality. The Canadian Government recognizes students from Benin make great candidates to become long term Canadian residents and eventually citizens of Canada.
Students from Benin who have studied at least for two years at an accredited college or university on a full-time basis are eligible to apply for permanent residency via the CEC Visa program. Beninese students are welcomed to Canada.
Best Canada cities for Beninese students
The best Canadian cities for Beninese students have been voted as
Best Canada nightlife for students from Benin
The Canada cities with the best nightlife for students from Benin are
Canada student visa processing time for Beninese applications?
The processing time for Canadian student visa applications from Benin is 15 days.
Usually 15 days are enough as there are no Interviews for the Canadian student visa and permit. Do not book flights from Benin to Canada until the visa has been granted.
Canada Made Simple offer a number of merit based Scholarships to Beninese students studying in Canada.