Study in Canada from Bolivia
Study in Canada from Bolivia
This article describes in detail the process of how to Study in Canada from Bolivia. If you require any further help or information do take the Study in Canada visa assessment for Bolivia Citizens available on this page.
Why study in Canada from Bolivia?
The top reasons Bolivian student study in Canada are:
- ability to work as a Bolivian in Canada for the duration of the course
- Internationally recognized qualifications
- straightforward application process for Bolivia Nationals
- pathway to Canadian permanent residence for Bolivian Citizens
Of all the reasons, the pathway to permanent residency for Bolivian Citizens is why the majority of Bolivian students study in Canada as opposed to at home in Bolivia or elsewhere. The opportunities for Bolivian students studying in Canada cannot be matched globally.
Top 5 reasons to study in Canada from Bolivia
Study and work in Canada from Bolivia
International students from Bolivia often ask whether the can study and work in Canada. The Canadian Government allows Bolivian students on a Canadian study permit to undertake paid employment in Canada.
There are two ways a Bolivian student can study and work in Canada
- SW-1 Visa for Bolivian students studying in Canada. The SW-1 Visa is issued to Bolivian Citizens who have to complete an internship as part of their course.
- S-1 Visa for Bolivian students in general programs of Canadian higher education. This is the most popular Canadian Study and Work Visa for International students form Bolivia. The S-1 Study permit allows Bolivian students to work 20 hours a week during term time and full time during vacation periods
A student permit holder from Bolivia is able to work part time during semesters and full time hours being during term breaks.
If you would rather immigrate to Canada from Bolivia under another visa you can find out how in our guide on how to immigrate to Canada from Bolivia
Average salary for Bolivian students in Canada
The average earning for Bolivian students in Canada is:
- $37,050 per year
- $19 per hour
- Entry level positions start at $27,300 per year
- Experienced Bolivian student workers make up to $62,985 per year
How soon can I start work after arriving from Bolivia on a student visa?
You can start your work hours only after your study course commences. If you arrive in Canada from Bolivia earlier than this, you cannot work during that time.
You may only work after your course has formally begun. If you are caught working beyond the allowed hours on your Canadian work and study visa your visa may be cancelled and you will have to return to Bolivia.
Language requirements for study permit applicants from Bolivia
The IELTS test is not required for an Bolivian study permit application. However, educational institutions will require you to provide proof of your language proficiency in order for you to be offered admission. IELTS is just one of the accepted exams. Please contact your education establishment for their student application IELTS requirements for Bolivian Nationals.
Do Bolivian Citizens need a visa to study in Canada for less than 6 months?
Bolivian citizens do not require a study permit for courses lasting less than six months. However, the course must be completed within the six-month timeframe. If a student from Bolivia intends to stay for more than six months they must apply for the correct Student Visa and have it granted before they leave Bolivia.
Canada student visa requirement for Bolivian Citizens
Documents required to apply for a Canada Student Visa from Bolivia
- Bolivia Passport. (make sure it is valid beyond the term of the visa you seek)
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Educational establishment in Canada
- Proof of Funds in Bolivia
- Passport Size Photographs.
- An Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score where required
- Statement of Purpose for Travel from Bolivia to Canada
- Credit Card
Do I need a Sponsor to study in Canada from Bolivia
International students from Bolivia do not require a sponsor for a Canadian Student Visa.
The only requirements to study in Canada from Bolivia are
- be enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- prove you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees
- prove enough money for living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you
Proof of funds to Study in Canada from Bolivia
Bolivian students coming to Canada to study must be able to show funds available equal or greater than:
- CA$10,000 (~US$7,650) for every year of your study
- CA$11,000/~US$8,400 if you’re applying to study in Quebec
- These figures are in addition to tuition fees
Study in Canada from Bolivia FAQs
What is the age limit for Canada student visa fromBolivia?
Bolivian students must be between 18 years of age and 35 years of age.
The age is taken from the date of your birthday turning 18 and until the day before your 36th Birthday.
Is an interview required for a Canadian student visa application?
Bolivian students are not required to have an interview as part of their Canada Student Visa application
Is the medical for Bolivian Citizens applying for a Canada Study Visa?
The medical examination is compulsory for all Bolivian students applying for a Canadian student visa.
When should I apply for my Study Permit?
Bolivian applicants should apply as soon as the letter of acceptance (LOA) is received from the education provider
Difference between a study permit and a student visa for Bolivian students moving to Canada
- The Canada Student Visa allows you to enter Canada a Citizen of Bolivia
- The Study Permit gives you the permission to stay in the country
- As a Citizen of Bolivia you will be issued with a student visa and a Canadian Study Permit
Canada Student Permit cost from Bolivia?
The Canadian Study Permit costs $150 Canadian per person for applicants from Bolivia
Can I go back to Bolivia or travel while on a Canada Student Visa?
As a Citizen of Bolivia you are allowed to leave Canada during your studies. These can be trips to return to Bolivia or elsewhere. Your student visa allows you to travel in and out of Canada. When arriving back in Canada from a trip to Bolivia or anywhere else, you will need to prove you are currently enrolled in your institution.
Can I bring my family with me from Bolivia Canada on a student visa?
If you are a Citizen of Bolivia you will usually be able to bring your partner or spouse and dependent children with you. There are no restrictions on the number of hours your partner or spouse may work in Canada for the duration of the visa.
As a Bolivian International Student can I get Canadian Permanent Residence?
Many students from Bolivia convert their Canada student visa to full Canadian Permanent residency via the Canadian Experience Class Visa. The CEC visa is the main reason why individuals study in Canada from Bolivia.
The Canadian Experience Class is a direct path to Canadian Citizenship and dual nationality. The Canadian Government recognizes students from Bolivia make great candidates to become long term Canadian residents and eventually citizens of Canada.
Students from Bolivia who have studied at least for two years at an accredited college or university on a full-time basis are eligible to apply for permanent residency via the CEC Visa program. Bolivian students are welcomed to Canada.
Best Canada cities for Bolivian students
The best Canadian cities for Bolivian students have been voted as
Best Canada nightlife for students from Bolivia
The Canada cities with the best nightlife for students from Bolivia are
Canada student visa processing time for Bolivian applications?
The processing time for Canadian student visa applications from Bolivia is 15 days.
Usually 15 days are enough as there are no Interviews for the Canadian student visa and permit. Do not book flights from Bolivia to Canada until the visa has been granted.
Canada Made Simple offer a number of merit based Scholarships to Bolivian students studying in Canada.