Study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina
This article describes in detail the process of how to Study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina. If you require any further help or information do take the Study in Canada visa assessment for Bosnia and Herzegovina Citizens available on this page.
Why study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina?
The top reasons Bosnian student study in Canada are:
- ability to work as a Bosnian in Canada for the duration of the course
- Internationally recognized qualifications
- straightforward application process for Bosnia and Herzegovina Nationals
- pathway to Canadian permanent residence for Bosnian Citizens
Of all the reasons, the pathway to permanent residency for Bosnian Citizens is why the majority of Bosnian students study in Canada as opposed to at home in Bosnia and Herzegovina or elsewhere. The opportunities for Bosnian students studying in Canada cannot be matched globally.
Top 5 reasons to study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Study and work in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina
International students from Bosnia and Herzegovina often ask whether the can study and work in Canada. The Canadian Government allows Bosnian students on a Canadian study permit to undertake paid employment in Canada.
There are two ways a Bosnian student can study and work in Canada
- SW-1 Visa for Bosnian students studying in Canada. The SW-1 Visa is issued to Bosnian Citizens who have to complete an internship as part of their course.
- S-1 Visa for Bosnian students in general programs of Canadian higher education. This is the most popular Canadian Study and Work Visa for International students form Bosnia and Herzegovina. The S-1 Study permit allows Bosnian students to work 20 hours a week during term time and full time during vacation periods
A student permit holder from Bosnia and Herzegovina is able to work part time during semesters and full time hours being during term breaks.
If you would rather immigrate to Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina under another visa you can find out how in our guide on how to immigrate to Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Average salary for Bosnian students in Canada
The average earning for Bosnian students in Canada is:
- $37,050 per year
- $19 per hour
- Entry level positions start at $27,300 per year
- Experienced Bosnian student workers make up to $62,985 per year
How soon can I start work after arriving from Bosnia and Herzegovina on a student visa?
You can start your work hours only after your study course commences. If you arrive in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina earlier than this, you cannot work during that time.
You may only work after your course has formally begun. If you are caught working beyond the allowed hours on your Canadian work and study visa your visa may be cancelled and you will have to return to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Language requirements for study permit applicants from Bosnia and Herzegovina
The IELTS test is not required for an Bosnian study permit application. However, educational institutions will require you to provide proof of your language proficiency in order for you to be offered admission. IELTS is just one of the accepted exams. Please contact your education establishment for their student application IELTS requirements for Bosnian Nationals.
Do Bosnian Citizens need a visa to study in Canada for less than 6 months?
Bosnian citizens do not require a study permit for courses lasting less than six months. However, the course must be completed within the six-month timeframe. If a student from Bosnia and Herzegovina intends to stay for more than six months they must apply for the correct Student Visa and have it granted before they leave Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Canada student visa requirement for Bosnian Citizens
Documents required to apply for a Canada Student Visa from Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Passport. (make sure it is valid beyond the term of the visa you seek)
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Educational establishment in Canada
- Proof of Funds in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Passport Size Photographs.
- An Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score where required
- Statement of Purpose for Travel from Bosnia and Herzegovina to Canada
- Credit Card
Do I need a Sponsor to study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina
International students from Bosnia and Herzegovina do not require a sponsor for a Canadian Student Visa.
The only requirements to study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina are
- be enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- prove you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees
- prove enough money for living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you
Proof of funds to Study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnian students coming to Canada to study must be able to show funds available equal or greater than:
- CA$10,000 (~US$7,650) for every year of your study
- CA$11,000/~US$8,400 if you’re applying to study in Quebec
- These figures are in addition to tuition fees
Study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina FAQs
What is the age limit for Canada student visa fromBosnia and Herzegovina?
Bosnian students must be between 18 years of age and 35 years of age.
The age is taken from the date of your birthday turning 18 and until the day before your 36th Birthday.
Is an interview required for a Canadian student visa application?
Bosnian students are not required to have an interview as part of their Canada Student Visa application
Is the medical for Bosnian Citizens applying for a Canada Study Visa?
The medical examination is compulsory for all Bosnian students applying for a Canadian student visa.
When should I apply for my Study Permit?
Bosnian applicants should apply as soon as the letter of acceptance (LOA) is received from the education provider
Difference between a study permit and a student visa for Bosnian students moving to Canada
- The Canada Student Visa allows you to enter Canada a Citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The Study Permit gives you the permission to stay in the country
- As a Citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina you will be issued with a student visa and a Canadian Study Permit
Canada Student Permit cost from Bosnia and Herzegovina?
The Canadian Study Permit costs $150 Canadian per person for applicants from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Can I go back to Bosnia and Herzegovina or travel while on a Canada Student Visa?
As a Citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina you are allowed to leave Canada during your studies. These can be trips to return to Bosnia and Herzegovina or elsewhere. Your student visa allows you to travel in and out of Canada. When arriving back in Canada from a trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina or anywhere else, you will need to prove you are currently enrolled in your institution.
Can I bring my family with me from Bosnia and Herzegovina Canada on a student visa?
If you are a Citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina you will usually be able to bring your partner or spouse and dependent children with you. There are no restrictions on the number of hours your partner or spouse may work in Canada for the duration of the visa.
As a Bosnian International Student can I get Canadian Permanent Residence?
Many students from Bosnia and Herzegovina convert their Canada student visa to full Canadian Permanent residency via the Canadian Experience Class Visa. The CEC visa is the main reason why individuals study in Canada from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Canadian Experience Class is a direct path to Canadian Citizenship and dual nationality. The Canadian Government recognizes students from Bosnia and Herzegovina make great candidates to become long term Canadian residents and eventually citizens of Canada.
Students from Bosnia and Herzegovina who have studied at least for two years at an accredited college or university on a full-time basis are eligible to apply for permanent residency via the CEC Visa program. Bosnian students are welcomed to Canada.
Best Canada cities for Bosnian students
The best Canadian cities for Bosnian students have been voted as
Best Canada nightlife for students from Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Canada cities with the best nightlife for students from Bosnia and Herzegovina are
Canada student visa processing time for Bosnian applications?
The processing time for Canadian student visa applications from Bosnia and Herzegovina is 15 days.
Usually 15 days are enough as there are no Interviews for the Canadian student visa and permit. Do not book flights from Bosnia and Herzegovina to Canada until the visa has been granted.
Canada Made Simple offer a number of merit based Scholarships to Bosnian students studying in Canada.