Study in Canada from Guinea
Study in Canada from Guinea
This article describes in detail the process of how to Study in Canada from Guinea. If you require any further help or information do take the Study in Canada visa assessment for Guinea Citizens available on this page.
Why study in Canada from Guinea?
The top reasons Guinean student study in Canada are:
- ability to work as a Guinean in Canada for the duration of the course
- Internationally recognized qualifications
- straightforward application process for Guinea Nationals
- pathway to Canadian permanent residence for Guinean Citizens
Of all the reasons, the pathway to permanent residency for Guinean Citizens is why the majority of Guinean students study in Canada as opposed to at home in Guinea or elsewhere. The opportunities for Guinean students studying in Canada cannot be matched globally.
Top 5 reasons to study in Canada from Guinea
Study and work in Canada from Guinea
International students from Guinea often ask whether the can study and work in Canada. The Canadian Government allows Guinean students on a Canadian study permit to undertake paid employment in Canada.
There are two ways a Guinean student can study and work in Canada
- SW-1 Visa for Guinean students studying in Canada. The SW-1 Visa is issued to Guinean Citizens who have to complete an internship as part of their course.
- S-1 Visa for Guinean students in general programs of Canadian higher education. This is the most popular Canadian Study and Work Visa for International students form Guinea. The S-1 Study permit allows Guinean students to work 20 hours a week during term time and full time during vacation periods
A student permit holder from Guinea is able to work part time during semesters and full time hours being during term breaks.
If you would rather immigrate to Canada from Guinea under another visa you can find out how in our guide on how to immigrate to Canada from Guinea
Average salary for Guinean students in Canada
The average earning for Guinean students in Canada is:
- $37,050 per year
- $19 per hour
- Entry level positions start at $27,300 per year
- Experienced Guinean student workers make up to $62,985 per year
How soon can I start work after arriving from Guinea on a student visa?
You can start your work hours only after your study course commences. If you arrive in Canada from Guinea earlier than this, you cannot work during that time.
You may only work after your course has formally begun. If you are caught working beyond the allowed hours on your Canadian work and study visa your visa may be cancelled and you will have to return to Guinea.
Language requirements for study permit applicants from Guinea
The IELTS test is not required for an Guinean study permit application. However, educational institutions will require you to provide proof of your language proficiency in order for you to be offered admission. IELTS is just one of the accepted exams. Please contact your education establishment for their student application IELTS requirements for Guinean Nationals.
Do Guinean Citizens need a visa to study in Canada for less than 6 months?
Guinean citizens do not require a study permit for courses lasting less than six months. However, the course must be completed within the six-month timeframe. If a student from Guinea intends to stay for more than six months they must apply for the correct Student Visa and have it granted before they leave Guinea.
Canada student visa requirement for Guinean Citizens
Documents required to apply for a Canada Student Visa from Guinea
- Guinea Passport. (make sure it is valid beyond the term of the visa you seek)
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Educational establishment in Canada
- Proof of Funds in Guinea
- Passport Size Photographs.
- An Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score where required
- Statement of Purpose for Travel from Guinea to Canada
- Credit Card
Do I need a Sponsor to study in Canada from Guinea
International students from Guinea do not require a sponsor for a Canadian Student Visa.
The only requirements to study in Canada from Guinea are
- be enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- prove you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees
- prove enough money for living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you
Proof of funds to Study in Canada from Guinea
Guinean students coming to Canada to study must be able to show funds available equal or greater than:
- CA$10,000 (~US$7,650) for every year of your study
- CA$11,000/~US$8,400 if you’re applying to study in Quebec
- These figures are in addition to tuition fees
Study in Canada from Guinea FAQs
What is the age limit for Canada student visa fromGuinea?
Guinean students must be between 18 years of age and 35 years of age.
The age is taken from the date of your birthday turning 18 and until the day before your 36th Birthday.
Is an interview required for a Canadian student visa application?
Guinean students are not required to have an interview as part of their Canada Student Visa application
Is the medical for Guinean Citizens applying for a Canada Study Visa?
The medical examination is compulsory for all Guinean students applying for a Canadian student visa.
When should I apply for my Study Permit?
Guinean applicants should apply as soon as the letter of acceptance (LOA) is received from the education provider
Difference between a study permit and a student visa for Guinean students moving to Canada
- The Canada Student Visa allows you to enter Canada a Citizen of Guinea
- The Study Permit gives you the permission to stay in the country
- As a Citizen of Guinea you will be issued with a student visa and a Canadian Study Permit
Canada Student Permit cost from Guinea?
The Canadian Study Permit costs $150 Canadian per person for applicants from Guinea
Can I go back to Guinea or travel while on a Canada Student Visa?
As a Citizen of Guinea you are allowed to leave Canada during your studies. These can be trips to return to Guinea or elsewhere. Your student visa allows you to travel in and out of Canada. When arriving back in Canada from a trip to Guinea or anywhere else, you will need to prove you are currently enrolled in your institution.
Can I bring my family with me from Guinea Canada on a student visa?
If you are a Citizen of Guinea you will usually be able to bring your partner or spouse and dependent children with you. There are no restrictions on the number of hours your partner or spouse may work in Canada for the duration of the visa.
As a Guinean International Student can I get Canadian Permanent Residence?
Many students from Guinea convert their Canada student visa to full Canadian Permanent residency via the Canadian Experience Class Visa. The CEC visa is the main reason why individuals study in Canada from Guinea.
The Canadian Experience Class is a direct path to Canadian Citizenship and dual nationality. The Canadian Government recognizes students from Guinea make great candidates to become long term Canadian residents and eventually citizens of Canada.
Students from Guinea who have studied at least for two years at an accredited college or university on a full-time basis are eligible to apply for permanent residency via the CEC Visa program. Guinean students are welcomed to Canada.
Best Canada cities for Guinean students
The best Canadian cities for Guinean students have been voted as
Best Canada nightlife for students from Guinea
The Canada cities with the best nightlife for students from Guinea are
Canada student visa processing time for Guinean applications?
The processing time for Canadian student visa applications from Guinea is 15 days.
Usually 15 days are enough as there are no Interviews for the Canadian student visa and permit. Do not book flights from Guinea to Canada until the visa has been granted.
Canada Made Simple offer a number of merit based Scholarships to Guinean students studying in Canada.